But i’ve been experimenting with various cabinet scrapers lately, and I’m curious about what others use. My go-to is a card scraper from Veritas, as it gives me a really clean finish on hardwoods without the fuss of sanding. I’d love to hear what types you’re using and any tips you have for maximizing their effectiveness.
I totally hear you about scrapers! I recently started using a Narex scraper, and it’s been a game changer — especially for those pesky hardwoods. Just remember to keep the edge sharp; a dull scraper can really drive you nuts when you’re aiming for that clean finish.
I get what you mean about the clean finish, but I’ve found that using a bit of wax on the scraper really helps it glide smoothly, especially on tougher woods. , those pesky hardwoods can be so frustrating sometimes! @jillcarpenter12, have you ever tried using a burnisher to maintain the edge? It can make a huge difference.